MAN Commercial Protection was formed in 1993. It was quite a momentous year; Bill Clinton became President of the United States; the World Wide Web was born at CERN; the Pentium Microprocessor was introduced by Intel; the Maastricht Treaty was signed and the Bosnian War was at its height.
Initially located in Hall Green in Birmingham, MAN Commercial Protection was originally formed as a partnership. Iain McCallister, Managing Director of MAN Commercial Protection, is the remaining member of the original partnership. In 2003 the company became a Private Limited Company and over the last 8 years has outgrown its office 3 times.
Today, still privately owned and operated by its senior management team, the company is run from its own modern suite of offices bought in 2009 and located just outside Solihull and only 3 minutes away from the national Motorway Network. This means that most parts of the United Kingdom are easily accessible to MAN Commercial Protection.
From the outset the management team has prided itself on its focus upon customer service and support. Many of MAN Commercial’s clients have been customers from the company’s inception. While we have evolved, we are proud of our heritage and continue to uphold the principles behind our success.
Key milestones in our history include:
• 1993 – 2002: – MAN Commercial Protection provides personal and venue security across the globe for several high profile “Rock Star” artists including: Ocean Colour Scene, the Rolling Stones, Oasis, The Who and UB40. Each assignment involved sold out tour dates, festivals and TV appearances.
• 1995 to the present: MAN Commercial Protection provides security at various Music Festivals throughout the UK. Typically these are 4 – Day Events were we supply 150+ staff per day. We have a long and lasting working relationship with Rock Steady Security and have provided security cover for V-Festival; Creamfields; Glastonbury, Download and Isle of Wight Festivals and many others.
• 1999 – 2003: MAN Commercial Protection provides close personal protection for “The Modfather” – Paul Weller throughout the UK, Europe and Japan during his sold out world tour. The tour included Arena Venues and Festivals, specifically T in the Park and V-Festival.
• Since 1996 the company has become the country’s leading supplier of security to Professional Boxing and remains Frank Warren’s Sports Network’s contracted supplier. The company has supplied cover for all of British Boxing’s biggest names including Frank Bruno, Joe Calzaghe, Amir Khan, Ricky Hatton, Lennox Lewis, Nigel Benn, Chris Eubank, Prince Naseem Hamed, Steve Collins and Enzo Macranelli. The company has also provided personal security for Mike Tyson, Kosto Tszyu, Jeff Lacy, Mikkel Kessler, Bernard Hopkins and other World Champions during their stay in the UK.
Following the success in the specialised event security discipline, in 2005 MAN Commercial Protection added to its service provision and developed a “main-stream” manned guarding company providing static and mobile security officers; key holding and alarm response services and Public Space Surveillance (PSS) CCTV monitoring services to an assorted mix of major clients such as:
- Property Managing Agents.
- Logistic / Distribution Companies.
- Facilities Management Companies.
- Local Government Contracts.
To boost this speciality further, the company has over the last 18 months recruited a number of experienced Directors and Managers from other, and perhaps more well-known, guarding companies. This influx of ideas, knowledge and expertise has further strengthened the MAN Commercial Protection management team.