First Aid at Work Course (3 days)
25 ½ hours – 3 days, 09.00 – 17.30
COURSE BOOKING DATES – 3 DAYS COURSE
MANDATORY REQUIREMENT to apply for
- Roles and responsibilities of the first aider
- Assessing an incident, Trainer Resources/Procedures
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- Managing an unresponsive casualty (continued)
- The respiratory system
- Wounds and bleeding
- Dealing with minor injuries
- The human skeleton
- Fractures and dislocations
- Sprains and strains
- Chest Injuries
- Dealing with major illness
- Other injuries
Why enrol on this course?
The First Aid at Work (FAW) The 3-day course is designed for workplaces in a higher risk category (engineering, manufacturing, warehousing, construction, chemicals) and workplaces with a variety of underlying health conditions (heart problems, diabetes anaphylaxis, high blood pressure, etc).
The FAW also provides comprehensive training for those who are required to be the designated first aider within their workplace.
On completion of First Aid at Work, successful candidates will be able to:
- understand the role of the first aider, including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross infection
- the need for recording incidents and actions
- use of available equipment
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- administer first aid to an adult casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation to an adult, including using an AED
- administer first aid to an adult casualty who is choking
- administer first aid to an adult casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- administer first aid to an adult casualty who is suffering from shock
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
- administer first aid to an adult casualty with:
- injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries
- chest injuries
- burns and scalds
- eye injuries
- sudden poisoning
- anaphylactic shock
- recognise the presence of major illness (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes) and provide appropriate first aid
Why choose MAN Commercial Protection Ltd as your course provider?
Our Training Academy opened to our own employees in January 2022 and has expanded to offer courses to the public from September 2022. We are a fresh, new and up-to-date Highfield approved training centre.
Heading up the MAN Commercial Training Academy is our HABC-accredited Company Trainer, Dene Hale, who brings with him a wealth of experience in a wide range of training, development, and skills for success.
We are delighted to be delivering a first-class training experience, open to all, with our delegates benefitting from an easy and informative booking process, guided by our friendly training admin team.
Book your course today to take the first step towards a new career in an exciting and ever-growing industry!
If you have any questions please use our web chat, call us on 0121 733 8484 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you in the classroom!
£300.00 / 1 day