MAN Commercial Protection are looking for a Transport Safety Officer located in Birmingham.
MAN Commercial Protection Ltd is an award-winning, national Top-20 specialist security provider. Our industry recognition includes BSIA ‘Business of the Year’ 2021, and ‘Contribution to the Industry’ at the 2022 British Security Awards; come and join our team to find out why!
MAN Commercial are a family run business currently in our 29th year trading. With our Head Office based in Solihull, West Midlands, we employ Security Officers throughout the whole of the UK. We provide all aspects of manned guarding, specialising in door supervision, loss prevention, CCTV, concierge and reception, mobile response and keyholding services.
Post Title: Transport Safety Officers – (Community Safety Accredited Staff)
Term: Initially a fixed term contract (12 months)
Directorate: Network Resilience
Reporting to: Civil Intervention and Police Liaison Manager
The postholder will assist the Civil Intervention and Police Liaison Manager and wider Safer Travel Partnership in delivering the Safer Travel Plan.
The postholder will provide a highly visible presence on all modes of public transport across the West Midlands Region with a focus on reducing anti-social behaviour, improving the passenger travelling experience and reducing the passenger perception of crime.
The postholder will work with the Safer Travel Policing and ASB teams and their partners and contractors in relation to safety and security on the public transport network. They will work with Traffic Management (Road Safety Manager) to reduce disruption on roads caused by planned events with high footfall and attendance, controlling traffic in the vicinity.
· Provide visible presence on the public transport network
· Contribute towards delivery of Safer Travel Plan
· To work alongside West Midlands Police and British Transport Police
· Using allocated powers proportionally to reduce anti-social behaviour on the public transport network
· Engage with public transport passengers to improve their travelling experience and reduce their perception of crime
· Be a professional witness to incidents providing evidence to support any civil intervention or criminal prosecutions
· Assist in providing appropriate support to vulnerable individuals using the public transport network
· Control traffic in the vicinity of pre-planned events (e.g. Commonwealth Games) to reduce traffic disruption
· Work collaboratively with all transport partners across the transport network to build and develop partnership working.
· The postholder will be employed by Man Commercial Protection Ltd who will manage all the HR matters
· Salary – Circa £26000 per annum – £12.50 per hour
· Hours of working – 40 hours per week – 7 days a week.
· Post is office based at West Midlands Combined Authority, 16 Summer Lane, Birmingham (travel on transport will be required – travel pass will be provided)
· The postholder will occasionally be required to work outside of normal working hours as required by the needs of the service
· A full and successful Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check will be required for this post
· Full Non-police personnel vetting (NPPV) Level 2 will be carried out by West Midlands and British Transport Police Forces.