MAN Commercial Protection area rapidly growing Security Company, operating across various sectors for a wide range of clients all over the UK.
We are looking for experienced Duty Managers to join our team at the West Midlands Combined Authority Control Room in Birmingham City Centre. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast-paced environment with a friendly team. If this sounds like the role for you please get in touch by sending your CV.
Background to the Role
Built in 2012, refurbished in 2019, the West Midlands Combined Authority Control Room is home to over 2,000 CCTV cameras. The CCTV operation covers all regional bus stations, Metro stops, Park and Ride sites, rail stations as well as a number of town centres and is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The Control Room is operated to the highest standards and holds BS7958 and is fully compliant with the Surveillance Camera Commissioners Code of Practice.
The Control Room provides a core function to Transport for West Midlands, supporting transport operation and keeping the network operational and safe.
The Control Room along with the RTCC will be essential in supporting the delivery of a number of large scale infrastructure projects across the region, as well as helping deliver major events such as Coventry City of Culture 2021 and Commonwealth Games 2022.
The Control Room Duty Manager will ensure the smooth running of the operation in line with all relevant legislation and in line with best practice and industry standards. The Duty Manager will ensure that all shifts are covered with suitably qualified and trained staff, providing support and guidance as required.
The Duty Manager will act as interface between MAN Commercial Protection and Transport for West Midlands, providing performance information, whilst ensuring that the CCTV maintainer is held to account for their performance.
The Duty Manager will also act as the key point of contact between the Control Room and the RTCC, maintaining information flow, maximising synergies between the 2 service areas and cover the RTCC Duty Manager role as required.
· To manage the Control Room operators and operation in line with agreed service levels
· To ensure that staffing levels are in line with those contractually prescribed, managing cover for sickness absence and annual leave
· To ensure that all staff working within the Control Room are both adequately trained and vetted and are holders of up to date SIA licences
· To work with TfWM to ensure compliance with and support the retention of BS7958 and Surveillance Camera Commissioners Code Of Practice
· To ensure that the operation of the Control Room is legislatively compliance, carrying out spot checks as required
· To collect, analyse and challenge the performance of the Control Room including system maintenance contract, reporting to West Midlands Combined Authority where these has fallen below expected service level
· To collect and report performance and operation of the Control Room to customers and Partners of West Midlands Combined Authority, including through the Safer Travel Partnership
· To work with RTCC Duty Managers to ensure clear, regular and ongoing communication with regards to daily operations
· To attend meetings representing the Control Room and where requested, West Midlands Combined Authority
· To attend Police briefings, sharing information and intelligence with Control Room staff to ensure their works are efficient and effective
· To manage individual staff performance, utilising all tools available to ensure that highest standards are met and maintained at all times
· To proactively identify opportunities to improve the Control Room Service
· To provide support to the RTCC when it is not in operation, reporting issues to the on call RTCC Duty Manager as required
· To develop and maintain a strong technical understanding of the Control Room system architecture
· To assist in the retention of BS7958, the accreditation for CCTV Management and operations.
· Experience of managing a team
. Security Background is not required for this role
· Excellent communication skills with experience of engaging with colleagues at a range of levels
· Highly efficient administration skills
· Experience of contract management would be desirable
· Experience of operating in a 24/7 environment would be desirable
· Experience of working in a multi-agency environment would be desirable
· To be vetted to, or be able to be vetted to NPPV level 3
· Full UK driving license
· To hold or have the ability to be trained to and obtain an SIA CCTV Front Line License
· Flexible attitude to shifts, day and night cover is required
· Birmingham City Centre Location B19 3SD
· Rotating 4-on-4-off shift pattern of 12 hour shifts
· 28 days holiday per year, inclusive of UK Bank Holidays